Parent Helper...
I was parent helper in Corey's kindergarten class today. I was instructed to sit at this little table with little chairs and go over the story of the three little pigs using these popsicle stick puppets with each child individually.
Was I worried that I really didn't remember the whole story?
NO.
What was I stressing about?
OK, how was my ass going to fit in that chair?
sideways, of course...
Each child was so nice...I introduced myself as Karen, Corey's mom...and when I was leaving, they all said 'bye, Karen'...they WERE actually listening!
So here's the good one...it came to Lindsey Stout's turn and I called for her to come to my table...they were all doing different activities, or 'jobs' as Mrs. Cantrell calls them at different stations...here comes Lindsey. She sits down at my table and I introduce myself. She replies 'I am in LOVE with your son' and smiles....I said, 'oh, I love him too' She comes back with 'well, he's my ex now though because he doesn't want to be my boyfriend' I replied to that by asking her age...she was only 5...FAST, huh....I knew she had a crush on Corey from Y-care but WOW...didn't know it was all that...I told Corey the story and he said 'I know, mom'...he said that it's embarrasing b/c some of the kids tease him about Lindsey...I had to tell him that they are teasing him b/c they are jealous that Lindsey insn't in LOVE with them. She's a really cute girl...
Corey had his book fair tonight and I was hoping to see Lindsey's Mom there to share a funny story:)
We took Destiny with us since her little sister was giving her Mom grief. She got a snow white book and a hello kitty book for her sister:) Corey got Scooby Doo and the Mystery Sea Serpent...good read....
Was I worried that I really didn't remember the whole story?
NO.
What was I stressing about?
OK, how was my ass going to fit in that chair?
sideways, of course...
Each child was so nice...I introduced myself as Karen, Corey's mom...and when I was leaving, they all said 'bye, Karen'...they WERE actually listening!
So here's the good one...it came to Lindsey Stout's turn and I called for her to come to my table...they were all doing different activities, or 'jobs' as Mrs. Cantrell calls them at different stations...here comes Lindsey. She sits down at my table and I introduce myself. She replies 'I am in LOVE with your son' and smiles....I said, 'oh, I love him too' She comes back with 'well, he's my ex now though because he doesn't want to be my boyfriend' I replied to that by asking her age...she was only 5...FAST, huh....I knew she had a crush on Corey from Y-care but WOW...didn't know it was all that...I told Corey the story and he said 'I know, mom'...he said that it's embarrasing b/c some of the kids tease him about Lindsey...I had to tell him that they are teasing him b/c they are jealous that Lindsey insn't in LOVE with them. She's a really cute girl...
Corey had his book fair tonight and I was hoping to see Lindsey's Mom there to share a funny story:)
We took Destiny with us since her little sister was giving her Mom grief. She got a snow white book and a hello kitty book for her sister:) Corey got Scooby Doo and the Mystery Sea Serpent...good read....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home