If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try....
This week [Jan 16th] we are taking an exercise from Julia Cameron's The Sound of Paper.
Try this: The artist soul thrives on adventure.
Many adventures require that we muster the courage to be a beginner. That bicycle trip to France requires that I haul out my bike and start riding. That black-and-white photography course says "Get out the camera; shoot a few rolls." Yoga for beginners requires that i stretch myself physically and mentally. Attendance at an open mic invites me to bring a poem. Life is filled with adventure if we are openhearted. [LOVE THAT!]
List five things you would love to do, if you didn't have to do them perfectly.
1. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try teaching.
2. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try skydiving.
3. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try balancing my checkbook-part of my 2006 resolution.
4. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try scrapbooking-seriously would enjoy it more if I wasn't such a critic of my own work.
5. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try going back to school.
Try this: The artist soul thrives on adventure.
Many adventures require that we muster the courage to be a beginner. That bicycle trip to France requires that I haul out my bike and start riding. That black-and-white photography course says "Get out the camera; shoot a few rolls." Yoga for beginners requires that i stretch myself physically and mentally. Attendance at an open mic invites me to bring a poem. Life is filled with adventure if we are openhearted. [LOVE THAT!]
List five things you would love to do, if you didn't have to do them perfectly.
1. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try teaching.
2. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try skydiving.
3. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try balancing my checkbook-part of my 2006 resolution.
4. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try scrapbooking-seriously would enjoy it more if I wasn't such a critic of my own work.
5. If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I'd try going back to school.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home